General yoga class consists of beginner-to-intermediate yoga poses. Poses are held for longer as the practice allows you to gain a deeper understanding of your body in relation to yoga. This class usually consists of 12 rounds of Surya Nama (Sun Salutation), Pranayama and deep relaxation.
This class is suitable for people who have done some yoga in the past. If you are unsure if this class is suitable for you, we recommend that you do a Beginners class first, before you move onto this class.
· The yoga practised is traditional, classical yoga. A combination of Hatha and Ashtanga yoga, finishing with Pranayama and Shivasana. The language used for poses is traditional Sanskrit, with English explanations
· Classes are suitable for Beginners and Intermediate levels, as options are given. All are welcome.
· Please don’t have a full meal two hours before yoga.
· During class at all times, irrespective of my instructions, if you feel any sharp pain or you have a medical history that is restricting or hurting you, stop. Resume in your own time.
· During class, go to your own full maximum capacity wherever possible